Automated Cell Stretching System
Ideal for Gene and Protein Related Experiments
Strex’s STB-1400 cell stretching system uses up to 6 or 8 chambers to compare and analysis samples alongside each other. Option of either 4 cm2 0r 10 cm2 sized chambers.
- Capable of stretching cells in culture; functions by applying a stress load to cells growing in-vitro.
- Simultaneously stretches cells in up to either 6 or 8 chambers to enable comparison between parallel samples.
- 64 available preprogrammed stretch patterns save researchers precious time and make it incredibly easy to get experiments started.
- The cell stretching system’s mechanical stretching unit operates inside an incubator, while the control unit sits outside for remote access.
- The detachable stretch chamber mounting unit can be transferred to a clean bench, enabling aseptic operations, and an easier workflow.
Cell Stretching Main Unit
Two versions of the main stretch unit are available, dependent on the size of the stretch chamber desired; 4 cm2 or 10 cm2. The smaller 4 cm2 model supports up to 8 chambers in parallel, whereas the 10 cm2 version supports up to 6 chambers. The larger 10 cm2 chambers are best suited for biochemical research such as gene and protein expression related experiments, or use with large cell types, such as osteocytes.
Cell Stretching Control Unit
A pre-programmed one-chip microcomputer is embedded into the controller with 64 different stretch patterns. The stretch ratio and stretch frequency can be chosen using the DIP switch. The left digit is used to control the frequency, while the right digit controls the stretch ratio. The controller also automatically regulates the flow of water that cools the main motor driving the stretch unit, enabling long term observations of stretching experiments.
Cell Stretching System Main Unit:
STB-1400-04 (for 4 cm² stretch chambers)
STB-1400-10 (for 10 cm² stretch chambers)
Cables: The main cell stretching unit and the controller are connected by a signal cable bundled with the tubing used for cooling the main unit’s motor. A cable for reprogramming the control unit is included.Control Unit: Generates stretching patterns and regulates motor-based cooling. Control units are unique to the main unit but can be reprogrammed to work with the alternate stretching model.
Coolant Tank and Coolant Tube: The included coolant bundle cools the stretching unit during long-term experiments with water.
STB-1400-04: Uses 4 cm² cell stretching chambers, supports up to 8 units in parallel.
STB-1400-10: Uses 10 cm² cell stretching chambers, supports up to 6 units in parallel.
*The detachable stretch chamber mounting hook assembly can be covered with a lid and placed in a culture plate.
Stretching Patterns: Up to 64 patterns
Stretch Direction: Uniaxial
Stretch Ratio: Up to 20%
Learn more about Strex’s systems at there website: https://strexcell.com/cell-pressure-system/
If you require a microscope mountable system, see our range here.