PowerChrom is supplied as part of the PowerChrom system, or separately for use with e-corder recording systems. Signals can be recorded from one or two chromatography detectors. Most detectors that have a “recorder” or “integrator” output are suitable.
Update Your Chromatograph
PowerChrom is the ideal data acquisition system for upgrading your GC or HPLC.
Automatic or manual operation is possible (depending on you chromatograph configuration). Autosamplers and fraction collectors can be triggered with contact closure or TTL signals. Multi-run experiments are controlled via sequence documents.
PowerChrom is designed to help you with good laboratory practice:
- All runs are date and time stamped
- Methods used for data collection and analysis are recorded
- Extensive annotation facilities store observations, and keep track of sample numbers etc
- Data is saved to hard disk every thirty seconds, and can be recovered in the event of a power outage
- All information (methods, calibrations, peak reports, as well as raw data) is stored in the one convenient data file, which can contain up to 999 runs!
- All intermediate versions of calibration tables can be accessed
Manual Peak Editing
For difficult peaks, when adjusting automatic thresholds becomes time consuming, just use manual peak editing to add, delete, skim or otherwise directly edit a peak – just point and click!
Calibration Response Functions
Calibration curves can be fitted with linear, quadratic or even point-to-point (linear interpolation) response functions.
Sequences for Automation
Sequence documents can be used to automate a series of runs when used with a suitable autosampler. (PowerChrom 280 system).
Digital Signal Processing
PowerChrom oversamples the signal then averages the readings for each data point gathered, giving enhanced signal-to-noise ratios. Also, at recording speeds of 40 /s or less, the signal is averaged over whole mains cycles (50 or 60 Hz mains power), which eliminates the effects of mains hum. Thus you always get the highest quality data possible from your detectors.