Biaxial Cell Stretching System
Stage-mountable for imaging before and after stretching
- Capable of bidrectional stretching cells in culture; functions by applying a stress load to cells growing in-vitro, provided that the microscope set up is compatible.
- Simultaneously stretches cells in a single chamber, in one or two directions while allowing for imaging before and after stretch.
- The system’s mechanical stretching unit operates inside an incubator atop a microscope, while the control unit and video output are placed outside.
- 64 available preprogrammed stretch patterns save researchers precious time and make it incredibly easy to get experiments started.
- Bidirectional stretch parameters included, however, the uniaxial stretch is possible as well.
Main Unit: Compatible with Nikon, Olympus, Zeiss, and Leica microscopes. Stage drawings are required for the necessary stage adapter to be built.
Control Unit: Actuates the main unit to implement the desired stretching pattern for one cell culture.
Note: Video output through computer/monitor is not provided. STREX does not sell these.
STB-190-XY: Employs 4 cm² chamber designed for XY bidirectional stretching
Stretching Patterns: Up to 64 patterns. Custom patterns for high-velocity stretch are available for purchase.
Stretch Direction: Biaxial stretch, but is capable of a uniaxial stretch as well.
Compatible Stretch Chamber: STB-CH-04-XY
Strex Inc. research, develop, and manufacture physiological stimulation laboratory instruments for medical science research, to facilitate researchers to observe cell responses to mechanical stress. There range of cell biology cell stretching products are used in labs located across the globe, Learn more about Strex’s systems at there website: https://strexcell.com/
Is the Biaxial cell stretching system not what you need? See our complete list of cell stretching systems here.
If you are unsure what model is best suited for your experiments, contact us directly or make an enquiry of this product using the button below. After supplying us with information about your experimental set-up, we will advise on the most suitable system.